What Constitutes A Good Recruitment Automation Software?
What Exactly Is Recruiting Software?
Modern-day recruiting is a complicated process that demands intensive interaction between vendors, applicants/jobseekers, recruiters and more.
To sum it up, this requires multiple digital and non-digital solutions that are often manually aligned to work toward one goal – hiring new staff.
Recruiting automation software works by bypassing the necessity of using these multiple solutions.
In an automated manner, it delivers the right service to streamline the hiring process – from job postings to onboarding new staff.
Moreover, such software allows you as a recruiter to manage multiple job postings across global platforms, manage job requests, build workflows and much more – from one, often SaaS-based service.
What Constitutes The Right Choice When It Comes To Automated Recruiting Software?
With automation becoming the leading trend among HRs and recruiters, it’s no secret that vendors are leading a global battle to meet client preferences.
But, the fact remains that recruiting software differs vastly.
Often marketed as all-in-one solutions, many automated recruiting services end up to be another tool in the toolbox – requesting continual maintenance and other software to complete your process.
Here are some of the top-priority points we’ve identified among GCC companies when going for recruiting software:
- Easy customization and automation – Picking an easily-customizable solution that allows placing the right fields within your software could mean all the difference when going for this kind of software. Good software allows you manage high-volume applicant pools, predict recruitment outcomes and reduce bias in hiring.
- Post job listings to other directories – This one has been deemed as crucial when it comes to marketing your recruiting needs. Automating job placements by launching them to
- Applicant tracking system (ATS) – Represents an automated software solution that aids the recruiting process to proficiently source talent. An ATS can collect significant candidate information and support enterprises to track candidate development in multiple stages during the hiring process.
- CV/Resume Parsing – One of the biggest challenges among nowadays recruiters, CV parsing (also known as CV extraction, resume parsing etc), represents the efficient process of converting free-form candidate CVs from any common file format (such as Word, text, PDF…) to structured and readable XML formats that can later be used by easy computer management.
Making The Right Decision
Your recruiting process is essential to your organizational success.
No matter if you’re running a recruiting agency or operate a large team of recruiters within your own organizations, sourcing the right candidates is an integral part of corporate development.
Hence, making the right decision can determine your path.
When picking recruiting automation software, we suggest to address the following main points:
- Always consult with your recruiters – Disregard any other employees; your recruiters need to know the ins and outs of your software. After all, this is a tool that will primarily serve their needs. Always base your purchasing decision on the needs of your recruiters.
- Consult the technical team – While your recruiters may have the last word in defining the needs of your enterprise, it is often your IT team that does the maintenance and installation. All major game players in the automation world have long ditched the on-premise model, focusing on SaaS/cloud-based solutions. This, apart from cutting maintenance costs, provides the bonus of managing your team and overall recruiting process from virtually any place.
- Learning curve – With recruiting needs growing day after day, vendors must follow up – adding multiple functions that can meet the requirements of modern recruiters. However, more functionality often leads to more clutter – resulting in a very steep learning curve that could take your team years to adapt. Look out for automation software that offers a user-friendly interface and has a dedicated and proven customer care team.
Automation in HR and recruitment is an overall revolutionary step, leading toward a minimization of the human need and delegating most tasks to machine learning.
This leaves no space for mistakes, which could often lead to long-term consequences, major business strategy shifts, and loss of business.
See how we at Jobdesk are addressing all these issues.
Contact us for more.
- Date - May 14, 2018